Pages

Monday 28 May 2012

A Bread Basket


59 Bread Basket by Ms Sue

When I prepare a dinner table, I can't stand to present our bread on any sleek porcelain plates like I do for other pastries, but in a bread basket.

59 Rye Sourdough Bread
 Like you see, Chef Fran makes our own 59 bread :) These days, I take it for granted that I can eat this special bread everyday, I should appreciate for it though.

 Not only 59 bread also all breads deserve to be in a bread basket covered with nice linen.. as it is from the basket, a banneton.

 A banneton is a basket, using for proving the sourdough breads. When I was taking Le Cordon Bleu, we put the bread dough into the this banneton to prove. The scene was very rustic, but realise there are no non-rustic bread in the world. A banneton provides breads with nice patterns and shape and wicks moisture from the crust so as to make the crust harder.

 A bread starts in a rustic basket and finishes in a pretty basket. It's their destiny, so we can't go against it. That's why I'm putting my sliced breads in the 59 bread basket now and onwards. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment